Here is another great option for your yard. The Knock Out® Rose, though non-native, has proven to be very successful in the Central Texas area. This repeat bloomer is a very resilient, disease-resistant shrub-rose that requires very little maintenance. Here are some more basic facts:
- Grows from 3-5′ tall and just as wide
- They have a MEDIUM water usage.
- Show blooms from early June until the first frost (foliage lasts year round)
- They are perennials (meaning that they survive multiple seasons).
- Partially shade-tolerant, but needs around six hours of sunlight per day
- Flowers range in color from purple to red to pink