Here’s another resilient option for our harsh Central Texas Climate. The Pink Skullcap (aka Scutellaria suffrutescens) is a tidy, low-growing plant with beautiful pink blossoms that are present for a good portion of the year. Here are some more details on this great species:
- They usually grow to be around 1′ tall
- They have a LOW water usage.
- They attract bees
- They are perennials (meaning that they survive multiple seasons).
- They thrive in areas of heavy sunlight and/or partial shade
- They are very deer resistant