If you are looking for a native plant to provide your beds with some groundcover, the Silver Ponyfoot is a great option. This West Texas native species is perfect for sunny spots in your lawn or beds and is extremely heat and drought tolerant. Here’s some more info on Silver Ponyfoot (aka dichondra argentea):
- They can grow from 2-4″ tall and can spread as wide as 30″
- They have a LOW water usage.
- Offer excellent erosion control
- They are perennials (meaning that they survive multiple seasons).
- They thrive in areas that receive lots of sunlight
- No pruning required