The Mexican Bush sage is an excellent option for our central Texas climate. This a vibrant little flower that blooms primarily in the fall. It has an evergreen shrub and produces purple flowers clasped by soft purple calyces.
- They usually grow to be around 3′ tall
- They are fast growers
- Butterflies love them
- They are perennials (meaning that they survive multiple seasons).
- They thrive in areas of heavy sunlight and/or partial shade
- They require medium water usage
* Much of this information was gathered thanks to the Central Texas Gardener and Fine Gardening.